Procedures for Membership
Procedures For Membership
- All Realtor® and MLS applicants must have a current, valid CT Real Estate License.
- Upon submission of the completed application, required documentation and fees to the Darien Board office, applicants will receive provisional membership, study guides and schedule review test dates.
- Applicants transferring membership or seeking secondary membership in Darien Board must provide a Letter of Good Standing from their current Board or Association.
- If an applicant is applying as a new Realtor®, the New Member Code of Ethics training must be completed either online at realtor.org® or at the Board office.
- Applicants who have passed the designated tests for membership will meet with the Darien Board Membership Committee.
- Upon recommendation of the Membership Committee Applicants will be accorded all rights of membership subject to approval by Board of Directors.
- The Board of Directors will receive a list of Candidates Approved for Membership from the Membership Committee. Candidates will be voted upon at the next regularly scheduled monthly Board of Directors meeting at which time the Applicants will become Members in Good Standing.
- New members will be introduced at the monthly General Membership Meetings.